The Organ

History

St. George’s organ is the original Casavant Fréres instrument,  considerably expanded and rebuilt from 1954 to 1958 by Hill, Norman and Beard.  In 2005, the console was digitized and additional pistons and 10 levels of memory were added.  This has provided greatly increased reliability and control over the instrument.   These recent upgrades were made possible through a generous donation from Ms. Kathleen Sinclair in loving memory of her parents.

The organ is situated on both sides of the rear choir gallery.  The console has 3 manuals and pedals.

GREAT SWELL
Contra Geigen (ped) 16 Viola da Gamba 8
Open Diapason 8 Lieblich Gedeckt 8
Geigen Principal 8 Voix
Celeste
8
Chimney Flute 8 Geigen
Principal
4
Octave 4 Quint
Mixture
III
Octave Geigen 4 Contra
Oboe
16
Gemshorn 4 Oboe (contra oboe) 8
Nasat 2 2/3 Trompette 8
Tierce 1 3/5 Clarion
(trompette)
4
Sifflote 1 Tremulant
PEDAL CHOIR
Resultant Sub Bass 32 Hohl flute 8
Geigen Bass 16 Echo Salicional 8
Sub Bass 16 Unda Maris 8
Bourdon 16 Fugara 4
Principal 8 Flute 4
Bass Flute 8 Flageolet 2
Octave Flute 4 Trompette (sw) 8
Oboe Bass (sw) 16
Trompette (sw) 8
Trompette Clarion (sw) 4
PISTONS COUPLERS
10 memory levels Swell to Pedal Choir to Great
8 general pistons (thumb and toe) Swell super to Pedal Great Octave
6 pedal pistons (thumb and toe) Choir to Pedal Choir Suboctave
6 great pistons (thumb) Great to Pedal Choir Octave
6 swell pistons (thumb)
6 choir pistons (thumb) Swell Sub Swell to Choir
Swell Super
Swell and pedal pistons combined Swell UO
Sforzando piston Swell to Great
Swell Super to Great