Worship Dates & Times
To view music and service details for upcoming services, please visit the Calendar of Worship & Special Events and select a specific service.
Regular Worship at St. George’s
Almost anywhere in the world, Anglican worship follows a set order which is found in a book. Each worshipper holds a copy of the book, and follows along, reading aloud the portions assigned to the whole congregation. In the Anglican Church of Canada, there are two official books: the Book of Alternative Services (“BAS”), and a book with a 450 year heritage, the Book of Common Prayer (“BCP”). Both books are in use at St. George’s.
- 10:30 AM - Main Service of the Day
- Sung Eucharist, most Sundays (occasionally special choral settings are sung)
- Child Care available. Sunday School in session, September to end of April.
- First and third Sunday of the month: contemporary English (BAS page 185)
- Second Sunday of the month: the 16th Century English of Archbishop Thomas Cranmer (BAS page 230)
- Fourth Sunday of the month: Morning Prayer (Matins) (BCP page 4)
- Fifth Sunday of the month: contemporary English (BAS page 185)
- 4:00 PM - Choral Evensong
- On occasion, about 4 times per year.
- Uses Book of Common Prayer liturgy, and settings of the canticles and responses are sung.
Wednesdays (beginning April 10 2013)
- 12 noon - celebration of the Eucharist.