THE ORGAN


History

St. George’s organ is the original Casavant Fréres instrument,  considerably expanded and rebuilt from 1954 to 1958 by Hill, Norman and Beard.  In 2005, the console was digitized and additional pistons and 10 levels of memory were added.  This has provided greatly increased reliability and control over the instrument.   These recent upgrades were made possible through a generous donation from Ms. Kathleen Sinclair in loving memory of her parents.

The organ is situated on both sides of the rear choir gallery.  The console has 3 manuals and pedals.

GREATSWELL
Contra Geigen (ped)16Viola da Gamba8
Open Diapason8Lieblich Gedeckt8
Geigen Principal8Voix
Celeste
8
Chimney Flute8Geigen
Principal
4
Octave4Quint
Mixture
III
Octave Geigen4Contra
Oboe
16
Gemshorn4Oboe (contra oboe)8
Nasat2 2/3Trompette8
Tierce1 3/5Clarion
(trompette)
4
Sifflote1Tremulant
PEDALCHOIR
Resultant Sub Bass32Hohl flute8
Geigen Bass16Echo Salicional8
Sub Bass16Unda Maris8
Bourdon16Fugara4
Principal8Flute4
Bass Flute8Flageolet2
Octave Flute4Trompette (sw)8
Oboe Bass (sw)16
Trompette (sw)8
Trompette Clarion (sw)4
PISTONSCOUPLERS
10 memory levelsSwell to PedalChoir to Great
8 general pistons (thumb and toe)Swell super to PedalGreat Octave
6 pedal pistons (thumb and toe)Choir to PedalChoir Suboctave
6 great pistons (thumb)Great to PedalChoir Octave
6 swell pistons (thumb)
6 choir pistons (thumb)Swell SubSwell to Choir
Swell Super
Swell and pedal pistons combinedSwell UO
Sforzando pistonSwell to Great
Swell Super to Great